Monday, September 12, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten Poem

Just thought I'd share this poem about the first day of kindergarten...


I gave you a little wink and smile as you

Entered my room today.

For I know how hard it is to leave and

Know your child must stay.


You’ve been with him for five years now

And have been a loving guide

But now, alas, the time has come to

Leave him at my side.



Just know that as you drive away and

Tears down your cheeks may flow,

I’ll love him as I would my own and help

Him learn and grow.



For as a parent, I too know how quickly

The years do pass,

And not long ago it was my turn to take

My child to class.



So please put your mind at ease

and cry those tears no more,

For I will love him and take him in

When you leave him at my door.

No comments:

Post a Comment