Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I'm Melting.....




One of my favorite things to do with my kids is bake cookies.  When I'm home, I spend a lot of time in the kitchen.  My kids love helping me! Cooking with kids is an amazing opportunity to share the task of food preparation and enjoy the process.  Allowing your child to cook enhances self esteem and children will experience success in the kitchen. Our little chefs will gain practical knowledge of cooking basics and food preparation. Beginning with the importance of washing hands before handling food and ending with enjoying their own creation, children will gain knowledge and independence.

Now that the snow is melting, you might want to try these melty snowman cookies with your kids.


I made plain round sugar cookies. If you don't bake often, I'm sure those slice and bake cookies would be fine too. There is nothing better than homemade sugar cookies. If you need a great recipe, click here for my favorite sugar cookies.

The thing I loved best about these melting snowmen is that they are supposed to look melty and messy. Messy is perfect for my kids.








After adding some sloppy frosting, it was time for marshmallows. We put some marshmallows on a plate and microwaved them for about 50 seconds. When they were all puffy and smooshy, we sprayed a little Pam Cooking Spray on our fingers and plunked the marshmallows onto the cookies. The Halloween sprinkles came in handy and became eyes, buttons, and a nose.








Super cute and super easy! It's so nice to make cookies that I'm not stressing about decorating perfectly. Quick, easy, cute, and kid friendly... can't ask for much more than that!

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment